Dee's Reviews > Fatal Affair

Fatal Affair by Marie Force

Aug 22, 2011

bookshelves: romantic-suspense, author-marie-force

I loved this book!

This is the first Marie Force book I have read and am now a fan. I decided to read this book as quite a few friends on here were talking about it and I had just had an email from Carina press advertising their sale. When I followed the link it showed this title for $0.99 which was a bargain so I grabbed it not really knowing how soon I would read it. Low and behold the reviews kept coming in and a few friends who I dilegently follow reviews from (as they have never steered me wrong!)posted their reviews and comments praising both the book and the author all the way so I took the plunge.......A few chapters in I was wondering what on earth I had been waiting for as this was turning out to be a fantastic read.

I really like Ms Force's style of writing and she sure knows how to write a good suspense and there was also a lot of romance which kept me happy. I am usually pretty good at dissecting the information I read and coming up with the correct baddie (well 90% of the time anyway ;) ) but with this one it kept me guessing all the way to the end. Yes I had a few suspects but they were illiminated as the story progressed which left me scratching my head which is why this really made a winner for me. I was up until the early hours of the morning desperately trying to keep my eyelids open and ended up literally falling asleep with Ereader in hand and had to admit defeat and crawl to my bed at 2.30 in the morning. I desperately wanted to start reading it again in the morning but just didn't have the time so had to wait the whole day which was slowly killing me.

Did I say I love this book ;)....if not I am gonna say it again and I would recommend it to everyone who loves RS.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fatal Affair.

message 1: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Thanks Steffi. I picked this book up at a bargain of $0.99 directly from carina Press website. Never read any Marie Force before but now a definate fan. I am 3/4 of the way through this as started late last night and was still reading in the early hours of this morning and in the end had to put it down as couldn't keep my eyelids open anymore :).

It is early afternoon here in the UK and can't until until theis evening to carry on and finish it.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish YES! I love this book, but of course you already know that! LOL!

I'm glad you loved it, too!

Fatal Destiny, book 3.5, was free on Amazon yesterday. Check it out, maybe it's still free!

message 3: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Yeah I know you love them too Dhes :))

Thanks for that Dhes but I already got Fatal Destiny from NetGalley. It is also free directly from the Carina Press website too.

Cos I am in the UK I not allowed to buy from Amazon.com and have to use Amazon.co.UK and most of the time our site doesn't have the same offers that yours does :(((

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Oh, that's good to know that it was free from Carina Press.

message 5: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Yeah I think they are really trying to push this series what with listing the first book at $0.99 and then giving Fatal Destiny free.

I am certainly glad I took the bait ha ha

message 6: by Buggy (last edited Sep 16, 2011 05:57PM) (new) - added it

Buggy Great review Dee, this sounds super good and .99 how can you go wrong?

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Buggy wrote: "Great review Dee, this sounds super good and .99 how can you go wrong?"

You can't! It's awesome! Buy it!! LOL!

message 8: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee As Dhes says Buggy it is an awesome read so worth buying it. Unfortunately it's not that price anymore and is now $3.99 so I was lucky. They do still have Fatal Destiny (3.5) for free.

Wendy Hey nice review Dee! No need to tell you how much I love this book ;)

message 10: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee LOL....think I might have seen something somewhere about your thoughts on this series ;)

message 11: by Erika (new) - added it

Erika Dee I'm going to read this one ASAP.

message 12: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Erika wrote: "Dee I'm going to read this one ASAP."

Definately Erika....this whole series is just amazing!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Erika, I agree with Dee... the whole series is great! Get on it, girl!

message 14: by Erika (new) - added it

Erika Right away Dhes.. Just remember if I find it not good enough, I'll come after you two ;p

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish LOL!!! Give us some warning first though, okay?

message 16: by Erika (new) - added it

Erika Oh don't worry, you and Dee will get all the warnings I could possibly give [image error]

Anne OK If I might butt into this conversation and just say READ ALL MARIE FORCE'S BOOKS -- THERE ISN'T A BAD ONE!! I started reading her when she first released "Line of Scrimmage" and she had me hooked. Her "McCarthys of Gansett Island" series is very popular with her readers as well. Series or standalone - if MF writes it, I'm sure going to read it!

(Now I'll get off my soapbox and head back to my corner of the world where I'm reading another Goodreads recommendation!)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I agree, Anne. I've enjoyed all the books she's written. I wish there were a bit more steam to them, but that's just me.

message 20: by Erika (new) - added it

Erika AnneOK wrote: "If I might butt into this conversation and just say READ ALL MARIE FORCE'S BOOKS -- THERE ISN'T A BAD ONE!! I started reading her when she first released "Line of Scrimmage" and she had me hooked...."

Glad to hear it AnneOK :) Thanks for helping ladies!

message 21: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Erika wrote: "Oh don't worry, you and Dee will get all the warnings I could possibly give "

LOL - Erika you wouldn't want to hurt me would you?!!!!......I thought we were friends :)))

Seriously, I don't think you will regret reading this series :)

message 22: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee AnneOK wrote: "If I might butt into this conversation and just say READ ALL MARIE FORCE'S BOOKS -- THERE ISN'T A BAD ONE!! I started reading her when she first released "Line of Scrimmage" and she had me hooked...."

Of course you can join in Anne :).....glad to hear that someone else loves this series. I haven't read anything else by her yet but her other books are high on my list!

message 23: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "I agree, Anne. I've enjoyed all the books she's written. I wish there were a bit more steam to them, but that's just me."

Yeah I am with you on that Dhes - I really wish there was more steam but I can forgive that because she is such a great writer and she certainly knows how to write RS - As I said to Anne, I haven't read anything else by her yet but her books are high on my list!

message 24: by Erika (last edited Mar 16, 2012 04:16AM) (new) - added it

Erika Dee wrote: you wouldn't want to hurt me would you?!!!!......I thought we were friends :)))

Seriously, I don't think you will regret reading this series :)"

I thought so [image error]

Yeah Dee, trust me I even more excited to read it since now I have two people to blame if the book turns out to be not so good for me [image error]

message 25: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars