Bookread2day's Reviews > After Isabella

After Isabella by Rosie Fiore

18322003

Rosie Fiore is an amazing story teller. Now I have been swept away reading After Isabella By Rosie F I am now going to read many more of her novels, so do look out in future for my reviews on Rosie's other books.
When nine year old Esther moves from Richmond to north London she starts a new school. Star pupil Isabella Mallais shows her around the school. Isabella and Esther become best friends for life.
Years later when Isabella found out that she was ill, she didn't tell anyone. The story becomes deeply moving, when Sally informs Esther that It has got to the stage that Isabella was so sick she couldn't look after herself. Painfully and heartbreaking Isabella dies from cancer.
Eight years later Esther suffered another blow when Sally writes to her to say that her mother has died.
You feel such a lot of sympathy for Sally as years ago when Isabella was at university and Sally was at school their father had died on the train on his way to work. It had devastated Sally, who had been very close to him.
I do highly recommend After Isabella as it is beautifully written and certainly a book that readers will pay a lot of attention to.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read After Isabella.

Started Reading