Richard Derus's Reviews > A Small Death in the Great Glen

did not like it
bookshelves: pearl-ruled
Read in August, 2011

Pearl Ruled (chapter 10)

Horrible. I got through chapter 10 by dint of sheer will. Bad writing, predictable plotting, and nothing redeeming about it. It gets one star because it is, after all, a book. Save yourself the misery: Avoid.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Small Death in the Great Glen.

10/09/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Pam (new)

Pam ☼Because Someone Must Be a Thorn☼ Tee And oddly, this somehow makes me want to track it down and read it.

Richard Derus 'Tis an ill wind indeed that bloweth no (wo)man good.

message 3: by Pam (new)

Pam ☼Because Someone Must Be a Thorn☼ Tee Richard Reviles Censorship wrote: "'Tis an ill wind indeed that bloweth no (wo)man good."

LOL. I went to read the 'look inside' pages on another site and can only wonder at your ability to hold out as long as you did. The flow of the narrative actually started to give me a headache. The individual sentences weren't bad but they didn't flow. The story seemed to progress in a jumpy fashion.

Thank you for your review. Many will be saved.

Richard Derus The prostitution rests his case.

*shudder*

message 5: by Kelly B (new)

Kelly B ....and I now feel justified in getting rid of this one;-). It's been on my book shelf forever (I got it for free somewhere or other), and I just haven't mustered up any enthusiasm to actually read it.

Richard Derus Kelly wrote: "....and I now feel justified in getting rid of this one;-). It's been on my book shelf forever (I got it for free somewhere or other), and I just haven't mustered up any enthusiasm to actually read..."

It is my considered opinion that you dodged that boredom bullet. Just so deadly dull, this book.

message 7: by Urs (new)

Urs LOL It is sitting on my bookshelf right waiting its turn to be read. Off it will go to donations tomorrow. I simply cannot stand choppy plots. Thanks for the warning. :)

Richard Derus Urs wrote: "LOL It is sitting on my bookshelf right waiting its turn to be read. Off it will go to donations tomorrow. I simply cannot stand choppy plots. Thanks for the warning. :)"

I am pleased to have spared you the irritation. Two years on, I remember nothing of the plot, no characters' names or traits, but I do remember thinking I'd rather be in a boat caught in Corryvreckan than read this.