Taina's Reviews > Waterfall

Waterfall by Lisa Tawn Bergren

bookshelves: christian, historical, romance, science-fiction-fantasy, time-travel, young-adult

She doesn't travel back in time and then forgets that she is smart and doesn't all of a sudden forget everything that her parents tried to teach her and start bumbling around like an idiot.

And although her Italian seems to flow out of her mouth, she doesn't automatically speak their language and sometimes has trouble with using proper grammar. All those little subtle hints that she's not quite where she belongs was jarring while I was reading the story, but in a good way. It kept reminding me that she was in a very dangerous situation and was adapting as best she could.

The bad guys were, of course, bad. And I have to say, Luca is by far my favorite good guy, even if Marcello is Gabi's eye candy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Waterfall.

August 20, 2011 – Started Reading
August 22, 2011 – Shelved
August 22, 2011 –
August 22, 2011 –
73.0% "I am seriously loving this book. Its the first time I've read about a 17 year old girl who spends more time trying to figure out what to do rather than talking about the cute guy who will save her. At every opportunity, Gabi is trying to find her sister, kicking butt and saving lives. Even the mini-competition she has with another girl feel real. She doesn't travel back in time and then forgets that she is smart!"
August 23, 2011 – Finished Reading