Dee's Reviews > To the Brink

To the Brink by Cindy Gerard

bookshelves: romantic-suspense, author-cindy-gerard, 1, 1-tl, 1-tl-rs, also-book, book

OMG WOW

If there was a 6 star rating then I would definately give it to this book.

I was gripped from the beginning right to the end and kept me up until the wee hours of the morning. Despite being tired and requiring matchsticks for my eyelids I just couldn't put this book down.

Ms Gerard doesn't write long hot steamy sex scenes in this series and if I am honest I will say that I do like a bit of steam in my romances but I didn't really miss it in this book.

I fell for Ethan pretty quickly into the story and even more so when he went of rushing in aid of his ex wife who he still loved and found it hard to live without despite them being apart for 5 years. We follow his mission to find Darcy and we also keep flitting back in time to find out how they met and what happened in their relationship. Ms Gerard doesn't give us all that information straight away we are made to wait and the flitting back between the past and present continues through 2 thirds of the book which initially I did find a little annoying but this just kept the suspense building and wanting to know their history and for him to find and rescue her in the present.

This is an extremely well written book and I would recommend it to anyone who likes RS.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To the Brink.

August 22, 2011 – Shelved
October 24, 2011 – Started Reading
October 24, 2011 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I love this series.

Great review!

message 2: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Thanks Dhes...don't seem to be enjoying Jason's story as much it feels slower in pace and I just wish something would happen ha ha. I have taken a breather and started reading something else but will go back to it in a day or two.

AJ Swen One of my favs..althought Black Ops by her is fantastic! Cherry lifesavers will never look the same:)

message 4: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Amy-Jo wrote: "One of my favs..althought Black Ops by her is fantastic! Cherry lifesavers will never look the same:)"

We don't have lifesavers in the UK so didn't have a clue what they were but because of Ethan and his always having them it spurred me onto looking them up on the net and finding out what they were:)

AJ Swen Kinda like Zhadist (BDB) for me..green apples will never mean the same..cheery lifesavers either:)

Buggy Thanks Dee,
I can't wait to get to this one. I'm stalling with Eve in book #2 right now.

Green apples...sigh

Buggy Yeahhhh

message 9: by Dee (last edited Oct 28, 2011 05:21AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Sorry ladies but I am not that into Z......he wasn't one of my favourites.

AJ Swen Really?? Mine was Phury...or at least his book was my least fav. Fav is actually Rhage, Wrath and Rehv:) My lil' rooster:)

message 11: by Dee (last edited Oct 28, 2011 05:33AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee I wasn't overly keen on Phury's story either. For me it is Wrath, Rhage, & Rehv :)

Riverina Romantics I would give it 6 stars too Dee!!!

Petya I have to agree with you It's great book. My favorite from the Bodyguard series. I really like that there are lots of action and romance because lately i came upon books that are lacking in either one or the other.

message 14: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Jodie wrote: "I would give it 6 stars too Dee!!!"

Never happy are we Jodie ;) if we had 6 stars we'd still want a 7th and so on ha ha

I have just finished the series and have to agree that this one was the best of the series followed very closely by the last one.

AJ Swen Wait til Black Ops:) I thought tis was my fav until that one:) I have a handful of series that I keep and reread..Black Ops is one of them!

message 16: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee I am looking forward to starting the BO series as was intrigued with Gabe and his interaction with Jenna

AJ Swen I love Gabe..very emotional book. BUT..Johnny Reed and Doc..sweet muther..my dream guys:)

message 18: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Ha ha I can see you drooling from here :))))

I have moved onto some light reading for a little while and then will go back and start BO.....will let you know what I think of them.

AJ Swen Sounds good. I change it up all the time too. Been in this paranormal stage..next I'm heading to military again:)

Petya I'm in military stage in fact anything in uniform and with a gun :) My husband is not a happy camper :)
Kind of resting from paranormal :)

AJ Swen LOL..sounds like my hub:) LOL!