Marleen's Reviews > The Forgotten Room

The Forgotten Room by Karen   White

did not like it

When I read the synopsis, I really thought that this story would have more gravitas, and that the Forgotten Room’s mystery would have more substance. Now that I’ve finished it, I am disappointed because this book turned out to be nothing more than three rather lightweight cookie cutter love stories; the first one is about Olive and Harry, taking place in 1893, then there’s Lucy and John, in 1920, and the lastly there's Kate and Cooper, in 1944.
The backdrop of New York – a city that I love – couldn’t make up for the flimsiness of the book's entire content. Olive, Lucy and Kate are connected in the sense that they are mother and daughter, but they never interact in the book; no, these mothers leave behind mysteries that the daughters want to unravel.
I wasn’t a fan of Karen White prior to this – her books never impressed me, but I’ll give Beatriz Williams another chance, seeing she’s only co-authoring here.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Forgotten Room.

May 20, 2017 – Started Reading
May 24, 2017 – Shelved
May 24, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Alesha Walker I loved it. Enjoyed your review though! Have you read Anymore Beatriz Williams? She’s my sister’s favorite and I’ve enjoyed several of her books.