Fonda Lee's Reviews > Jade City

Jade City by Fonda Lee

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: i-wrote-this

Jade City is my adult debut and it also marks my foray into epic fantasy. It came about from watching kung fu movies and thinking, "You know, I'm a long-time student of martial arts, so why can't I punch through concrete or fly thirty feet into the air yet?" I started envisioning a society where magical jade granted special abilities to warriors with the proper training and bloodline, and the idea merged with my longstanding enthusiasm for mafia stories to become this modern gangster family saga. It's the most intense, ambitious thing I've ever written, and there's more to come.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jade City.

Finished Reading
May 24, 2017 – Shelved
May 24, 2017 – Shelved as: i-wrote-this

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Hi Fonda! Is it okay if I ask if there is romance in Jade City?

message 2: by Brian (new) - added it

Brian When will the next book in the series be released?

Marina Bonomi After reading Jade City I had only one question: " Why it took me one year to find it?" Thank you so much for this gem of a book, looking forward to the next one.

Salmon I’m LOVING the book so far... I honestly haven’t found a book I enjoyed so much in ages. How many books are planned for the saga?
Don’t stop writing, please.

Salmon I see it’s a trilogy. And that I have to wait until July 2019 for Jade War... happy writing

Justin Hall I’m dying for the next book! The wait seems so long.

Riza So fitting! Because The Godfather came to mind while I was reading this book. Maybe I haven't read enough mafia books but, damn it, you've made something epic. I loved every word of it. <3

message 8: by Joe (new) - added it

Joe As a lifelong fan of kung fu and gangster movies and an avid reader of fantasy, I can't wait to get into this!