Angela's Reviews > Bloodlines

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

Aug 21, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: read-in-2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodlines.

August 21, 2011 – Started Reading
August 21, 2011 – Shelved
August 21, 2011 –
page 68
August 23, 2011 –
page 132
31.35% "Bah. Not feeling this at all. The characters are inconsistent, the plot hasn't picked up at all yet, and it seems to rely too heavily on references to the Vampire Academy books. Bah, I say again."
August 25, 2011 –
page 160
38.0% "I recently found out that there isn't even going to be *any* real kissing in this book, either. Magical tattoos is not enough to make a plot so far."
August 26, 2011 –
page 244
57.96% "Well, hello, plot! I'm glad you've finally shown yourself."
August 27, 2011 – Finished Reading
May 29, 2012 – Shelved as: read-in-2011

Comments (showing 1-10)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Angela @Sarah: I know I shouldn't judge it only on that, as there are many wonderful and well-written books that don't have or need a romance, but this doesn't feel like one of them. Sad face is right.

Wendy Darling I mean... especially when it involves Adrian, you know? I'll say more once you're done with the book.

Angela @Wendy: I've already read your review, because I knew it would not-so-spoilery, and I think we'll be similar in our final verdicts. I can't wait to find out what else you'll say once I'm done. :)

Angela @Wendy: I'm done now, so please, please, please indulge me with you wanted to say before. :)

Wendy Darling Oh, it wasn't anything big. I just wanted to add onto the Adrian discussion to say that (view spoiler) I look forward to your review, Angela!

Angela @Wendy: Now having finished the book, I agree that (view spoiler) :)

Wendy Darling Oh, I wouldn't say you're a sap. We've come to expect great make-out scenes from RM. ;) Is it too much to ask that (view spoiler)

Angela Heh. I'm guessing that that last comment means that you don't consider (view spoiler).

Wendy Darling No...and yes. Hah.

Angela Very inevitable. Blah.