Soo's Reviews > The Mermaid's Sister

The Mermaid's Sister by Carrie Anne Noble

Aug 11, 2017

bookshelves: audiobook, reviewed, favorites
Read from August 11 to 12, 2017 , read count: 1

Have you ever gone back to read your favorite book of fairy tales & fables and find yourself a bit disappointed to not feel the same sense of awe, delight, worry, fright and joy from reading the stories again? I've been there. When I came across this book on Audible, I hoped that it would be exactly what it sounds like: a fable with a bit of magic, danger, excitement and joyful ending. I am utterly delighted to have read and listened to this story because that is exactly what I gained. A story full of colorful characters with hopes and fears. It's a wonderful story that would be a great adventure to share with kids.

Clara, Maren and O'Neill are three orphans that grew up together and told a tale of the beginnings of their little family. They are the children of the stork, seashell and apple tree. Auntie Verity and the vagabond Scarff raised the children with all of their love and wisdom. Each of them grew up to become exactly who they desired to be. Yet, Maren's time with them has come to pass and she needed to make her way back to the sea. Her lovely form changed in bits and pieces until she became a mermaid.

Kate Rudd did a great job of making the story rich with her characterizations. I really enjoyed listening to her spin the tale of longing, wishes, dreams and devious fortunes.

I had a lovely time with this adventure and can't wait to see what else Carrie Anne Noble has spun with her wistful, dreamer's words.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mermaid's Sister.

05/24 marked as: to-read
08/11 marked as: currently-reading
08/11 marked as: read
08/11 marked as: currently-reading
08/12 marked as: read

message 1: by Sheri (new)

Sheri 5 stars from Soo! Ok, I'm on this today, no doubt. I need a magical world to get lost in & this sounds like it could be perfect. Thanks for a great review!