Books and Spoons's Reviews > Without Words

Without Words by Delancey Stewart

bookshelves: netgalley

Every now and then you read a story that is so beautiful it leaves you in the state of awe for a long while after. Without Words is one of those stories. It is heart-shattering with its pain, torment, and agony, it is raw with life-like emotions and deep feelings, yet it heals all the wounds with the devotion and tenderness, the pure joy of life shining through.
Roberto DeRosa and Dani Hodge have a nearly magical connection, the energy around them sizzling in the air with heat and yearning. It is like their broken souls recognize the need for comfort in each other - like they are the two half's of a whole finally coming together.
Both Rob and Dani had issues from the past, from their childhood, that comes to the surface mudding the waters and churning the emotions. With Dani's trust issues and fear of abandonment Rob's problems to communicate might seem like the worst match, but they have to learn to connect on a deeper lever to get over the hurdles and interact in a way that is suitable for both.
The process of healing, learning and growing as a human being is a delicate and fragile development for both Dani and Rob, however with the support of their loved ones, and with each other, they find the safe haven, the place of trust, faith, and hope where this kind of flourishing is possible.
Without Words amazed me with its beauty and depth. The dual first person point of view gave the insights to Rob's mind that was needed with his challenge to communicate and brought alive the intensity of those two bruised souls seeking for each other. It made me want to believe in love at the first sight and in soulmates, in the one true match. It captivated my mind and charmed my heart, it filled me with joy, left my smiling and believing in serendipity.
What an alluring story of love and life!
~ Five Spoons

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Without Words.

Started Reading