Kathleen Hagen's Reviews > Violent Exposure

F 50x66
Aug 21, 2011

bookshelves: 2011-audio-books, 2011-mysteries
Read in August, 2011

Violent Exposure, by Katherine Howell, b-plus, Narrated by Caroline Lee, Produced by Bolinda Publishing, downloaded from Audible.com.

In this book we continue with the paramedics and the police. Two paramedics have a troublesome trainee in tow who has been there for three months but seems not to be picking up anything about the job. A paramedic and the trainee in question arrive at a scene where there is a possibility of domestic violence. But things appear to be fine and no one wants to press charges, so they leave. The next day that same trainee, now with another paramedic, are called back to the same house as the wife, Suzanne Crawford’s body has been found on the floor. The trainee admits that he met her that day and went to bed with her, and he fears that she was killed because of him. They immediately begin looking for the husband who has disappeared. A boy who worked in their nursery has also disappeared. The police have to solve the case before more people are killed. This book got graded down by me because the author made it clear through the decisions made especially by the paramedics, that the ends justify the means, especially if it appears that no one will be hurt. While I admit that it created a great story, because in theory I agreed that the villains got what was coming to them, I think there would have been a greater challenge if Howell had tried to find a way to solve the problems without that easier outcome. Maybe the consequences of this book will follow the characters of this book into the next one. I generally like these books a lot. Caroline Lee is a good reader. My problem with her remains that she reads too slowly, but she reads with very good dramatic inflection.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Violent Exposure.