Kathy's Reviews > Kinglake-350

Aug 20, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: abc-bookclub, non-fiction
Read from August 20 to 23, 2011

I’m lucky I chose to read this book when it was raining for a few days. In saying that, I still had nightmares from it. I can’t imagine reading this book in peak summer. It was terrifying.
Probably because I have lived in the bush in Australia and I have experienced summers that are almost crackling from the heat. So it just felt a little bit too real for me. It was like reading a horror story but the monster was fire.

It had a lot of specific and technical information that went over my head. But for people that know a bit more about that kind of stuff it would have been very educational and informative.
The only complaint I have is that the story didn’t flow very well in my opinion. It felt a bit choppy and there was a bit too much detail in some of the technical information.

But overall I think the author’s goal was reached. People that read this book will have more caution and respect for fire. I certainly understand more the importance of knowing what the landscape around you is capable of. Never think that it can’t happen.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kinglake-350.