Peggy Jaeger's Reviews > Too Many Women in the Room

Too Many Women in the Room by Joanne Guidoccio

When Gilda Greco invests in an up and coming Greek restaurant, she expects the food to be delicious, and the restaurant to be a success. What she doesn't expect is a murder involving the restaurant owners right before the big opening.

Gilda Greco ( A Season for killing Blondes) returns in Ms Guidoccio's latest mystery involving the Canadian lottery winner. After investing in David and Susan Korba's restaurant, Gilda is excited to be silent partner in a venture that she thinks will be a huge success. When David invites a local photographer to a soft opening though, an opening than filled with many of Gilda's closest female friends, what promises to be an evening filled with good food turns into an acrimonious disaster with the photographer - a glorious wretch who slept with half the women at the dinner - being murdered.
The suspect pool Gilda's on again/off again lover, Det. Carlo Fantini has to choose from comprise all the women present at the dinner, the wait staff and even the chef.

Once again, Joanne Guidoccio has given her readers a plumb good mystery. I can usually figure out who the killer is in most mysteries, but this one had me guessing and guessing again until the killer was revealed. I love that! I love that an author could stump me. Kudos and Brava!
Oh, And did I mention the food? Gilda is every Italian mother's dream child - complete with aunts, cousins, and a mother who loves nothing more than to cook for her. As a wonderful added gift, there are several recipes from Joanne's and Gilda's recipe files at the back of the book that I will be making for sure!
I highly recommend this good book. 5 well deserved stars from me!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Too Many Women in the Room.

May 20, 2017 – Shelved