LeeAnne's Reviews > Called Out

Called Out by Jen  Doyle

This is a light-hearted romance that I didn’t want to put down – being the lover of baseball that I am made this story even better!

Jack Oxford is a major league pitcher who made a terrible mistake and slept with his best friend, Nates, fiancé. Since this day Jack’s life has completely changed. He absolutely hates himself for what he’s done and so does the entire town Nate lives in, plus it’s caused Jacks career to go down the toilet. Jack’s only option now is to beg for Nates forgiveness enough that he gives the okay for Jack to join his team. On his way to beg this forgiveness Jack comes across the fierce mama bear, Lola, with a flat tire and 4 kids in her car. Though the attraction is immediate between them both Lola knows exactly who Jack is and with her being on Team Nate there’s no way she can get involved with him… right?

I love that though this is mainly a sweet story it definitely has a healthy dose of steam as well and it makes for a real page turner! Though Lola is loyal to her friends and family the girl has a backbone of steel and doesn’t let anyone dictate or influence her decision to be with Jack, I absolutely loved that about her character! I found myself in absolute stitches over the antics of Jack interacting with Lola’s kids… especially the way her refers to her triplet’s as 1, 2 and 3 – absolutely hilarious. This is a great story with an original plotline, a fast pace and amazing characters. I loved every page!

I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Called Out.

May 20, 2017 – Started Reading