Amanda Croley's Reviews > Fury

Fury by Cat Porter

Jun 03, 2017

bookshelves: arc-reviews, 5-star

This review can also be found at www.thepaperbackaddict.com

"She'd lived. Oh, how she'd lived. She hadn't allowed the brutal past to define or mar her. She'd become what she'd chosen, her own design."

I was given an ARC copy of Fury and I adored it!! I put off reading it because I don't have a kindle anymore, and reading on my phone isn't easy but I wish I hadn't waited! I couldn't put it down. My phone and I just moved all over the house, outside, in the car until I couldn't hold my eyes open any longer. Fury was a sort of brutal, raw, and unspoken story, but the very real story of two young adults meeting at the worst moments of their lives but forging an unbreakable bond of survival. I was invested from page one, but the last quarter of the book ripped my heart out. I wanted so much for these two to find their happily ever after, but their world is a gruesome one and things don't usually work out that way. The end was bittersweet, sadness over so much lost time, the happiness of finding one another again, and the unknown of whether they had it in them to make it work after all. This was my first of Cat Porter's books, but definitely not my last.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fury.

May 19, 2017 – Shelved