Carlene Inspired's Reviews > Backwoods Belle

Backwoods Belle by R.C. Martin

bookshelves: adult, contemporary, erotica, reviewed-books, romance, ng-group-challenge-2017, series

ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

Ashley knew Corie was something special the moment he saw her 5 months ago and he's spent every moment making her believe it. As a couple, their chemistry is off the charts, but they also have to deal with the everyday frustrations of the fame, the fortune, and being coworkers. Backwoods Belle is the continuation novel of Background Noise, it is a story of love and all that comes with it.

Talk about a love story, Ashley and Corie are the definition of one. They're glowing, they're happy, they face the odds, and they defy expectations. It isn't a story filled with the usual romance cliches, but is a novel filled with the rather mundane things we take for granted that really make love, well...love. Ashley may be a hot shot rockstar, but his backwoods, country heart fell for the simplicities that make Corie beautiful. They're a unique couple with a fast-paced romance that reads like they share a lifetime of history.

Erotic is definitely a sub-genre for Backwoods Belle and though I knew it was labelled as such, I was definitely not prepared for the amount of sexy-time going on between Corie and Ashley. I love them as a couple, I felt their connection, and I am all for hanky-panky, but it did take away from the story for me a bit. My enjoyment of Backwoods Belle was no different than Martin's previous work, but the strength of the story line was weakened for me.

Backwoods Belle is R.C. Martin's latest release in a string of heartfelt, honest romance novels that readers will fall head over heels with. Corie and Ashley are a beautiful couple with palpable chemistry and a romance we can all only hope for. Whether you're looking for love with a side of spice or a good, clean HEA, Martin has something for every one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Backwoods Belle.

May 19, 2017 – Started Reading
May 19, 2017 – Shelved
June 2, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Happy reading!!