Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin's Reviews > Hex

Hex by Thomas Olde Heuvelt

it was ok
bookshelves: horror-etc, own

Hell with it. I'm in the minority of people that didn't really like this book.

It started out really good and creepy with the witch just randomly showing up in people's houses just standing there with her eyes and mouth sewn shut and her arms chained to her sides. I would freak clean out. BUT, it just didn't go anywhere for me and I didn't like some of the stuff in the book and that's about it.

I'm really happy so many of my friends loved this book but it just wasn't for me. Sucks, I was hoping this was going to be a really creepfest of a book. NOPE.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hex.

May 19, 2017 – Started Reading
May 19, 2017 – Shelved
May 19, 2017 – Shelved as: horror-etc
May 19, 2017 – Shelved as: own
May 19, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)

message 1: by Erin (new)

Erin Clemence Damn. This one sounds like it could've had some promise.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Most people liked it, Erin. I just didn't and it makes me mad as hell. I just knew that I would. I think all of my friends that have read it loved it but about 3 felt the same as me so you will prob like it. You will just have to chance it and see =)

Amber sorry you didn't like this one Melissa. I thought it was really freaky though.

message 4: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Hope your next is better Melissa.

message 5: by Miriam (new)

Miriam Smith Sorry it wasn't for you, it happens, hope you enjoy your next one x

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Amber wrote: "sorry you didn't like this one Melissa. I thought it was really freaky though."

Me too, I'm glad you enjoy it though =)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Maureen wrote: "Hope your next is better Melissa."

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Miriam wrote: "Sorry it wasn't for you, it happens, hope you enjoy your next one x"

message 9: by Wayne (new)

Wayne Barrett I take your lower ratings to heart because you are usually pretty nice to most books. And yours isn't the only low or average one among my friends. I'll have to give this one some thought before adding it... especially since I sometimes feel as if I'm the 'Don Rickles' of reviewers. I try to be nice... I really, really do. ;)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Awww, you're sweet. I never bash a book. I say I don't like it but am glad others do. I see no reason to be mean on reviews. Plus, it wasn't that bad =)

Melissa Glad I'm not alone!!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Yay!!!! I was feeling alone out in the world =)

message 13: by Candace (new)

Candace It sounded good but I can only stand horror-lite and I never know what that will be. This one definitely sounded creepy. Do you think a horror-lite (fan of witches) should give it a try?? Or did you greatly dislike the story...?

message 14: by Candace (new)

Candace Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ wrote: "Awww, you're sweet. I never bash a book. I say I don't like it but am glad others do. I see no reason to be mean on reviews. Plus, it wasn't that bad =)"

Every book has something for someone!!😉

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I just didn't like it. You could try your library and see =)