Maija's Reviews > Forsaken

Forsaken by Keary Taylor

Aug 20, 2011

bookshelves: january-2011
Recommended for: YA

** spoiler alert ** Something went wrong with on my phone's webbrowser, so I couldn't open it and write a review today morning and all day, but here it is.
This book is pretty good, it really held my attention. The plot is great only I didn't...really....? say it lacked something would be more correct. I wanted more passion in Jessica and Alex's relationship(corny!!! :D but true) It was just about how Jessiaca wanted to marry Alex, but he "couldn't" marry her, because he's a freaking idiot. WHY? Because he knew he won't be on Earth for long, so he didn't want to marry her to save her the griefing wife's character.....even though he just could have lived for the moment and made Jessica happy.
I don't know what role played Austin...he didn't do anything big but talk to Jessica and make an asshole of himself.
Emily is totally stupid girl if you ask me....she actually was jelous of Jessicas relationship with Alex, because she couldn't get that kind of love.....who could have thought that people can be so stupid! What Jessica had wasn't only that happy, sappy love and beautiful angel by her side, but boyfriend who won't be her husband and will "leave/die" soon, because of the pull from the other side(? LoL) And later she decided to go and find Cole so he would be her angel, even though he didn't love her and she knew it(deeeeep down)
It was interesting to know the human side of Cole's life. He actually was a bad, crazy man when he was still alive, but I don't think he deserved the death he got....from his father. I think I wanted to see more of his bad side in this book, though. He just wasn't the same Cole. He didn't put up a fight when Jessica told him to go live his miserable afterlife(?)
Anyhow, the books pace is fast and it's a light read. I enjoyed reading it, even though it didn't reach my anticipations........I have to admit, sequels sometimes aren't as good as the first book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forsaken.

August 20, 2011 – Shelved