Hilary Mack's Reviews > A Warriner to Rescue Her

A Warriner to Rescue Her by Virginia Heath

F 50x66

** spoiler alert ** The second Warriner book stayed with me longer than the first did. I really wanted it to go on so I could find out what happened next.

We meet Cassie, our heroine, when she's behaving in a totally inappropriate manner – climbing a tree – but it's written in such a way that I completely believed this young lady would act like this. I laughed out loud at their meeting, and the way he suffered for it.

In fact, there were quite a few laugh out loud moments, and some lump-in-throat ones, too. There was even a passage or two when the tension made me read noticeably faster, as I anticipated the pair getting caught out.

I loved the way Jamie put a supercilious clergyman in his place. It reminded me of my father, and the way he would not tolerate lack of respect. As a Christian, I was, of course, dismayed to see a clergyman behaving in such an un-Christian way in literature (again! Outside overtly Christian books, they are often portrayed as mad, bad or dangerous. It would be nice to have a few “normal” Christians to redress the balance. We're not all psychopaths.) However, I am realistic enough to know there are believers just like him, in fact, I've met them, and the over-pious Reverend came across as a very real person.

My biggest bugbear with this book is, we have to wait so long to hear about the other Warriner brothers. More please.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Warriner to Rescue Her.

Finished Reading