Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)'s Reviews > Rough & Tumble

Rough & Tumble by Rhenna Morgan

This is my first book by Ms. Morgan. I’ve had her Eden series on my reading radar for sometime and I thought I would start with that series, since I mainly read Paranormal Romance / Urban Fantasy, but then I won a copy of the first book for the Haven Brotherhood series. I’m glad I picked up this book.

Let me introduced you to The Haven Brotherhood. Five men, who all have checkered pasts, joined together to make a family and become brothers, not by blood, but by loyalty and obligation. Each brother has a hidden depth to them and add in the rough and tumble biker, well you will fall in love with each one.

Jace Kennedy, what a man. He’s an intelligent businessman, co-founder of the Haven Brotherhood, is charitable and active in the community. But for all that he has a vulnerable side that gets drawn out as you read. I really savored Jace. He's such a great and well developed character to fall in love with. The man is a bad-boy with a heart of gold.

Vivienne Moore, a straight-laced buttoned-up event planner or so she portrays to the world, but deep inside she has hidden away her true-self and thinks that by suppressing her nature, she will be safe. But in doing this she is stifling herself, not living up to her true potential and freedom. Let’s just say Viv needed someone to mess up her perfect boring life. I wasn’t totally on board with Viv, but by the end she turned out ok.

As for the story their is a little side mystery/danger that Jace and his brothers have to deal with, but the main focus is on the relationship. Jace knows what he wants, but he also respected Viv and reined in his nature for her, so he wouldn’t scare her away. The sexual tension between them was explosive, off the chats, and once they hit the sheets, WOW.

I LOVE the men who formed the Haven Brotherhood and can’t wait to read their stories. Each brother comes with a different background and has brought something different to the family. It’s an entertaining concept.

Rough & Tumble was a satisfying and delightful read in the Haven Brotherhood series.

Rated: 4 Stars

angelsgp-seethisreview-blure

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rough & Tumble.

May 18, 2017 – Started Reading
May 18, 2017 – Shelved
May 18, 2017 – Shelved as: gift-or-won-books
May 18, 2017 –
page 86
19.91% "A year or more of steady work, and two dates with a man who made her wet with a look and kissed like the devil. What the he'll had she just agreed to?"
May 19, 2017 –
page 202
May 19, 2017 –
page 286
May 20, 2017 –
page 297
68.75% ""You made a mistake tonight. This isn't my home." She swallowed so big he felt it in his own throat, and her eyes widened with such vulnerability he nearly hit his knees. She palmed his tags and squared her shoulders. "My home's with you. I choose you.""
May 20, 2017 – Shelved as: 4-stars