Simone's Reviews > Provoked

Provoked by Joanna Chambers

bookshelves: historical, series, freebie

***4.5 Stars***

Consider me hooked and better brace yourself!

I have no friggin' clue why I always hesitated to read m/m historicals, but from now on you might get tired of me indulging myself in the regency world more often.

Oh, and as for Murdo...
Ähnliches Foto

... of course he gained a new proud member to his fan club. ;-)

He and David have a chemistry that knocked my socks off! Next time please warn a girl, okay? This book should come with a 'don't-read-this-at-the-office!' sign, especially not when your boss is around!!!

I was so desperate to see them together on page all the time, I was almost tempted to skim a few pages, although the story itself and the atmospheric mood captivated me.

And what the hell kind of ending was that??? Well, one that made me download the next book immediately. ;-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Provoked.

May 18, 2017 – Shelved
May 18, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
May 18, 2017 – Shelved as: historical
May 18, 2017 – Shelved as: series
June 8, 2017 – Shelved as: freebie
December 17, 2017 – Started Reading
December 17, 2017 –
page 0
0.0% "Let's see what the fuss is all about... ;-) Murdo, please don't let me down!!!"
December 21, 2017 –
100.0% "

Indeed! ;-)

"
December 21, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)

Line Free at Amazon.com right now:-)

Simone Line wrote: "Free at Amazon.com right now:-)"

Oh, thanks for letting me know, sweetie! xx

Simone And this time it was free on Amazon.de, too. ;-)

Line Simone wrote: "And this time it was free on Amazon.de, too. ;-)"

HUuuuuuuRRRRRRRAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, about time:-) I have started keeping a mental list of people not using .com, but I forgot (again;-) I'll just keep on spamming:-)

Simone Line wrote: "Simone wrote: "And this time it was free on Amazon.de, too. ;-)"

LOL. That's so nice of you!!!! And it's not your fault when Amazon.de lives under a rock. ;-)

Line Simone wrote: "Line wrote: "Simone wrote: "And this time it was free on Amazon.de, too. ;-)"

We need to help each other in our binge-reading-addiction!;-) And I look almost everyday, so it's better to spread the word;-) ONLY 2 WEEKS LEFT!!!!!!

Simone Line wrote: "Simone wrote: "Line wrote: "Simone wrote: "And this time it was free on Amazon.de, too. ;-)"

And you are doing a great job!!!!! :) Yessssss! I'm so counting the days. I CAN'T WAIT!!! :)

Line Simone wrote: "Line wrote: "Simone wrote: "Line wrote: "Simone wrote: "And this time it was free on Amazon.de, too. ;-)"

It is gonna be EPIC AWESOMENESS!! We are gonna get our nerd on;-)

Simone Line wrote: "Simone wrote: "Line wrote: "Simone wrote: "Line wrote: "Simone wrote: "And this time it was free on Amazon.de, too. ;-)"

HUuuuuuuRRRRRRRAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, about time:-) I have started keep..."

LOL. Yessss! Did you book the gala dinner too?

message 10: by Line (new) - rated it 5 stars

Line Simone wrote: "Line wrote: "Simone wrote: "Line wrote: "Simone wrote: "Line wrote: "Simone wrote: "And this time it was free on Amazon.de, too. ;-)"

HUuuuuuuRRRRRRRAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, about time:-) I have..."

YEP! The BF and I booked it... We arrive in Berlin late thursday, so we have all of friday for touristy-together-stuff, and then we'll both get our nerds on in different ways:-) You're at the dinner too right?

Simone Line wrote: "Simone wrote: "Line wrote: "Simone wrote: "Line wrote: "Simone wrote: "Line wrote: "Simone wrote: "And this time it was free on Amazon.de, too. ;-)"

HUuuuuuuRRRRRRRAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, about..."

Awesome! Yes, Josy and I booked it too. :) I'll arrive in Berlin Friday early afternoon and I think Josy too. Have fun with your sightseeing, then! :) <3

message 12: by Line (new) - rated it 5 stars

Line Simone wrote: "Line wrote: "Simone wrote: "Line wrote: "Simone wrote: "Line wrote: "Simone wrote: "Line wrote: "Simone wrote: "And this time it was free on Amazon.de, too. ;-)"

HUuuuuuuRRRRRRRAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY..."

This is gonna be so much fun! Looking forward to meet you IRL;-)

Simone Line wrote: "Simone wrote: "Line wrote: "Simone wrote: "Line wrote: "Simone wrote: "Line wrote: "Simone wrote: "Line wrote: "Simone wrote: "And this time it was free on Amazon.de, too. ;-)"

HUuuuuuuRRRRRRRAAAA..."

Me too. <3<3<3

message 14: by Judith (new) - added it

Judith Yay!! So happy you loved it and i love your Murdo,xx

Lisazj1 Same for me Simon, great review and so happy you liked it!! :)

message 16: by Lyn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lyn I've bumped this up to asap reads! Shile's review original convinced me to add this to my tbr, now your review has be bumping it up. I'm glad you loved it, hon! xx

message 17: by Virginia (new) - added it

Virginia Cavanillas Sold, sold and sold. I already got it (as you know I thought I had the whole series xD but it seems I don’t) but now I’m super excited. I don’t know why I don’t read historical...new year, new life (and readings xD)

Laura Great review, Simone! :) Happy to hear you found a new series to devour. Hope your holidays are merry and bright! Have a wonderful weekend.

Simone Judith wrote: "Yay!! So happy you loved it and i love your Murdo,xx"

Thank you, darling! xx I'm diving right into the next book in a few. :)

Simone Lisazj1 wrote: "Same for me Simon, great review and so happy you liked it!! :)"

Thanks, Lisa! xx I'm surprised how much I liked it, but now I can't stop. ;-)

Simone Lyn wrote: "I've bumped this up to asap reads! Shile's review original convinced me to add this to my tbr, now your review has be bumping it up. I'm glad you loved it, hon! xx"

Hope you will love it too, then. :) It's been ages that I've read a historical from that era, back then when I still read m/f. I honestly don't know what kept me from reading m/m historicals so far. Thanks, hon! xx

Simone Vir wrote: "Sold, sold and sold. I already got it (as you know I thought I had the whole series xD but it seems I don’t) but now I’m super excited. I don’t know why I don’t read historical...new year, new life..."

Hehehe, I remember! ;-) You still haven't found them? Argh, sorry! But go for it. These guys are awesome! :) Thank you, sweetie! <3

Simone Laura wrote: "Great review, Simone! :) Happy to hear you found a new series to devour. Hope your holidays are merry and bright! Have a wonderful weekend."

Thank you, Laura! xx I'm diving head over heels into it. LOL. Enjoy your weekend and have a wonderful Christmas with your family! :)

Shile Yes! Yeeeeeees! Fab review darling! i am so happy you loved this book and Murdo is swoon-worthy you will love him even more in book 2, I am happy we can share him. xx *happy tap dance*

Simone Shile loves books wrote: "Yes! Yeeeeeees! Fab review darling! i am so happy you loved this book and Murdo is swoon-worthy you will love him even more in book 2, I am happy we can share him. xx *happy tap dance*"

I'm already knocking myself upside the head for waiting so long!!! Dammit! LOL. Now I go straight to book #2. :) Thank you, honey! <3 *joins your happy tap dance*

message 26: by Lily (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lily I'm not really into m/m historicals either, and I also don't know why lol. But your review make me want to challenge myself ;) I will give it a try! xx

Simone Lily wrote: "I'm not really into m/m historicals either, and I also don't know why lol. But your review make me want to challenge myself ;) I will give it a try! xx"

I've read lots of historical stories (pirates, American Civil war etc.) when I still read m/f books, but somehow I never wanted to try one in the m/m universe (except for Axios, but more historical is barely possible ;-) ). Now I'm hooked. LOL. Hope you will like it when you decide to give it a try. :) Thanks, hon! xx

Lost in a Book YASssSsSSSSS!! Welcome to the m/m historical club. ❤️❤️❤️

message 29: by Deborah (new) - added it

Deborah Sounds really good Simone, it’s on my list. 💙

Simone Lost in a Book wrote: "YASssSsSSSSS!! Welcome to the m/m historical club. ❤️❤️❤️"

LOL. Thank you, and I'm finding myself in the best of company! 😊❤

Simone Deborah wrote: "Sounds really good Simone, it’s on my list. 💙"

Thanks, Deb, and don't let it wait too long! 😉❤

message 32: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Lesar Your review just sold it to me Simone, I like m/m historicals but it's hard to find the good ones, looks like I just found one 😀

Simone Lorraine wrote: "Your review just sold it to me Simone, I like m/m historicals but it's hard to find the good ones, looks like I just found one 😀"

Thank you, Lorraine! And apparently it's getting better and better... I'm at 13% of the second book and I love it!!! 😊

message 34: by Meags (new) - added it

Meags Great review, Simone. Looking forward to reading this series myself! ;)

Simone Meags wrote: "Great review, Simone. Looking forward to reading this series myself! ;)"

I think you can!!! Seems like I picked the right one for starting wirh m/m historicals. LOL. I'm completely hooked now. I only hope I find enough time to read over the holidays. Thank you, Meags! 😊

Christelle You must be kidding, Simone. Of course you had been warned about Murdo ;) But he's only on loan : he's MINE !!!
And the best : this story gets better and better. You only had the appetizer and now, brace yourself for the main course :D

Simone Christelle wrote: "You must be kidding, Simone. Of course you had been warned about Murdo ;) But he's only on loan : he's MINE !!!

Christelle Simone wrote: "About Murdo, yes, but not that I should be near a shower when I read this! LOL. And we need to have a few words about 'mine'... 😉 I'm almost halfway through Beguiled and I'm loving it to bits. 😊 Thank you, Christelle, and enjoy Christmas Eve. 😘 "

No, no, no need for a few words, LMAO...if only **sigh**
Enjoy Christmas eve as well, Simone. I will raise a toast for you <3

Simone Christelle wrote: "Simone wrote: "About Murdo, yes, but not that I should be near a shower when I read this! LOL. And we need to have a few words about 'mine'... 😉 I'm almost halfway through Beguiled and I'm loving i..."

Cheers! 😉🍷