Jimyanni's Reviews > Spirit Walk

Spirit Walk by Christie Golden

bookshelves: star-trek

This is a well-written, interesting book. Unfortunately, it won't stand on its own. If you like stories that continue from book to book, you can take this as a five-star review; just be sure to read both "Homecoming" and "The Farther Shore" before you read this one; it is the third book in the storyline, and makes little sense if you haven't read the preceding books. Given that the back cover actually says that it is the "continuation" of those two books, I won't dock the book an additional star, although I didn't notice that fact before reading it (I never read the back cover blurbs because they sometimes have spoilers and other times are terribly misleading) and so didn't notice that I should have read "The Farther Shore" first. That was my own fault, although it WOULD be nice if one could trust a book that says it is "book one" of a series to actually start at the beginning of a plotline, rather than in midplot. So my only real quibble with this book is my usual complaint about books with neither a beginning or an end; being "book one", it of course ends on a cliffhanger.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spirit Walk.

Started Reading