Deb's Reviews > Mocha and Murder

Mocha and Murder by Tonya Kappes

bookshelves: southern-mysteries

A new favorite cozy. Tonya Kappes has written another captivating cozy that you just want to savor and when you come to the end you wish there was more.

I love the small town with all it's southern charm. This book pulls you in and makes you want to sit a spell at the Bean Hive helping solve mysteries with Roxie while taking in the surrounding community of Honey Springs. I can just picture walking down the streets wandering through the shops of Honey Springs.

I was glad to see that Patrick is startng to open up more to Roxie and actually helps her solve the murder of Fred Hill. I at first didn't think I was going to like her Mother but she grew on me. I love Aunt Maxi and her outspoken ways.

This is the second book in the series and I think each one gets better and better. The characters are growing, the mysteries are unique, and the twists keep you guessing. It is a mystery that you don't figure out fast on your own but one that keeps, you right along with Roxie puzzled till the end.

I can not find enough adjectives to describe how much I love this book. If you enjoy a cozy with a wonderful setting, good characters, a excellent mystery with a little romance then you won't want to miss this one. I can't wait for the next book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mocha and Murder.

May 17, 2017 – Shelved