Allison's Reviews > The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

Aug 19, 2011

bookshelves: realistic-fiction, romance, family, 2015-abraham-lincoln

I thought I was going to fall head over heels with this book but sadly I didn't. Don't get me wrong, I liked it but I didn't love it but it didn't give me butterflies in the stomach which I was hoping it would.

The whole concept of the book was really interesting and it reminded me of the movie Serendipity.

I liked Hadley and Oliver. Both characters that I liked and wanted to know more about but also a great couple. Even though Hadley is 12 yrs younger than me, I could relate with her with the whole parent divorce situation. She was that kind of character that I felt like she could be a great friend. I also really liked Oliver, such a sweet boy and kind of reminded me of Etienee from Anna and the french kiss. Wasn't a fan of Hadley's dad.

In the end, I was glad that after Hadley went to see Oliver in London that he came and saw her at the wedding. I was nervous when I was down to only a couple chapters left that he wouldn't come back. I liked how some of the chapters ended and kept you wanting to read more to find out what happens.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight.

Quotes Allison Liked

Jennifer E. Smith
“There's a formula for how long it takes to get over someone, that it's half as long as the time you've been together.”
Jennifer E. Smith, The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

August 19, 2011 – Shelved
April 6, 2012 – Started Reading
April 6, 2012 – Shelved as: realistic-fiction
April 6, 2012 – Shelved as: romance
April 6, 2012 –
page 69
29.24% "want to read more but super tired"
April 7, 2012 –
page 181
April 7, 2012 – Shelved as: family
April 8, 2012 –
page 236
April 8, 2012 – Finished Reading
March 10, 2014 – Shelved as: 2015-abraham-lincoln

message 1: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim Beaumont I wanted butterflies in my stomach, too, but didn't get them.