Carol [Goodreads Addict]'s Reviews > The Rancher and the City Girl

The Rancher and the City Girl by Joya Ryan

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, cowboys

RATING 4.5 STARS

The Rancher and the City Girl is the very first book I’ve ever read by Joya Ryan. I have to admit that it’s the cover that drew my attention at first. It’s pretty widely known that I can’t resist a sexy cowboy story and when combined with a cover like this, how could I resist. Being a new to me author, I was apprehensive but oh my gosh, I fell in love with this one.

Wrangler Store:

First, we have Tripp Montgomery. He is a single father and his adorable little six year old daughter, Gracie, is his world. He runs his ranch along with his two best friends, Cash and Bo, who also help him with Gracie. Gracie’s mom left them when Gracie was a baby. Tripp will never put his baby girl in that position again to be abandoned by a woman. So, he doesn’t date. Tripp is everything you might fantasize that a real cowboy is, well mannered, wears a Stetson, and of course, those sexy wranglers. But he is so much more than a cowboy. He’s a daddy, and thinks nothing of watching Frozen over and over or flipping pancakes in an apron for a fund raiser for his daughter’s girl scout troop. He’s perfect. Well, almost.

little girl wearing cowboy boots:

Charlotte Gram is a freelance web designer and is living in Los Angeles. She hasn’t been able to get hired on to a large company yet so is having trouble making ends meet on her own. Her grandmother lives in Cheyenne, Wyoming and has a small fifty acre ranch. But her grammy has broken her ankle and requires surgery so since Charlotte is her only relative, she is going to spend the summer helping her grammy run the farm. But, Charlotte doesn’t know a single thing about country living.

Pears:

This woman was amazing. She tackled every job with gusto with a little help from YouTube. Picture if you will Charlotte sitting in front of a cow that needs milking with her phone running a how to video showing her what to do. Not only did Charlie succeed though, at helping her grammy, she excelled. She was even making lists of things she wanted to improve on. She felt a sense of peace on the farm that she didn’t feel in the city. It felt like home. And the sexy cowboy who’s land was adjacent to theirs and his adorable little girl might have had something to do with that.

dancing with a cowboy:

On her first night in Cheyenne, Charlie and Tripp met and agreed to a one night stand, no strings, no regrets. And oh my gosh, was it ever a night to remember. So both Charlie and Trip were shocked to realize that they would most definitely be seeing each other again, that it would be hard to avoid each other. Soon, though, they didn’t want to avoid each other. Their attraction grows and deepens, as does Charlie’s feelings for little Gracie. But Charlie has no idea about how to be a mother. Her own parents abandoned her. So how could she ever be what Gracie needs?

This book just stole my heart, both Tripp and Charlie both were so afraid of their feelings but they were perfect for each other. Their chemistry was hotter than hot. They were both longing for a family, for a happy ever after, it just took them both a bit to realize it.

“Was this what happiness felt like? A calm easiness with another person? She liked it. Liked that Tripp, and his home, and his bed, were warm. All the time. That felt like home.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rancher and the City Girl.

May 16, 2017 – Shelved
May 16, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
May 18, 2017 – Started Reading
May 18, 2017 – Shelved as: contemporary-romance
May 18, 2017 – Shelved as: cowboys
May 18, 2017 –
36.0% "Chapter 4
"Mental note: YouTube how to milk a cow."

lol"
May 18, 2017 –
57.0% "Chapter 7
"Best day on the ranch yet"
"I'd have to agree."
The rumble in his chest vibrated against her own. The same chest that was getting a little warmer every time Tripp was around."
May 19, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)

message 1: by Karla (new)

Karla Wonderful review, carol! Lovely gifs as always. xoxo

message 2: by KAS (new)

KAS Terrific review, Carol ;)) It is always great when the chemistry is "hotter than hot." LOL! xox

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Karla wrote: "Wonderful review, carol! Lovely gifs as always. xoxo"

Thanks, Karla. Each image has a meaning but you would have to read the story to see what they are. ;) XO

Carol [Goodreads Addict] KAS wrote: "Terrific review, Carol ;)) It is always great when the chemistry is "hotter than hot." LOL! xox"

Thanks, KAS. Oh my gosh, this cowboy has the moves, both on the dance floor doing that hold her close and spin her around thing cowboys do, and he also had some other pretty awesome moves. One in particular. Whew. ;) XO

message 5: by Nazanin (new)

Nazanin Terrific review, dear Carol! Glad you loved it! 💜

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Nazanin wrote: "Terrific review, dear Carol! Glad you loved it! 💜"

Thank you so much, Nazanin. I love it when I try a new to me author and it turns out to be such a hit! Plus there's always that sexy cowboy thing! XO

message 7: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Fab review Carol 💚

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Deborah wrote: "Fab review Carol 💚"

Thanks so much my friend! XO

message 9: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Carol [Goodreads Addict] wrote: "Deborah wrote: "Fab review Carol 💚"

Thanks so much my friend! XO"

😊

message 10: by CC (new) - added it

CC Excellent review!

Sophie "Beware Of The Reader" Terrific review Carol! ;)

Teresa Perfect review I couldn't have said it better! I felt the same way about this wonderful book.

Carol [Goodreads Addict] CC wrote: "Excellent review!"

Thank you so much, CC! This was such an enjoyable little book!!

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Sophie "Beware Of The Reader" wrote: "Terrific review Carol! ;)"

Thanks so much, Sophie. I loved this little book! XO

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Teresa wrote: "Perfect review I couldn't have said it better! I felt the same way about this wonderful book."

Yay, Teresa. You just couldn't help but to fall in love with these two. Thank you so much!! XO

maggieandteddy Great review Carol. I love this trope. I'm checkin' it out.

Carol [Goodreads Addict] maggieandteddy wrote: "Great review Carol. I love this trope. I'm checkin' it out."

Yay, Maggie, thank you so much! It really was adorable.

Teresa Carol [Goodreads Addict] wrote: "Teresa wrote: "Perfect review I couldn't have said it better! I felt the same way about this wonderful book."

Thank you so much !

Carvanz Absolutely love the review Carol!

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Carvanz wrote: "Absolutely love the review Carol!"

Thanks so much, Carvanz! You're the best! XO

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Happy Release Day, Joya Ryan!! I loved this book!

Happy Book Birthday

message 22: by Mei (new)

Mei Wonderful rev, Carol!
I just can immagine Charlie watching a Youtube "how to be a mother"! ;-)

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Mei wrote: "Wonderful rev, Carol!
I just can immagine Charlie watching a Youtube "how to be a mother"! ;-)"

ha ha, Mei. It was so cute. I love when we run across these little gems. And there's always that sexy cowboy thing. XO