Juli's Reviews > The Thirteenth Tale

The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield

bookshelves: popsugar-2017

This was a wonderful read. I truly adored every word of this novel. It is a book for book lovers, for people who need literature in their lives, for anyone who desires to vicariously live through imaginary characters. It celebrates authors as much as readers all the while never forgetting its main characters and the lively stories that carry this work. Setterfield pays homage to Jane Eyre, The Women in White, Middlemarch and many more while keeping you at the edge of your seat as you also want to find out what the true tale of Vida Winter's life is and whether or not Margaret can finally silence her inner demons. This read like a classic English lit novel with a twist. I devoured this book and I cannot recommend enough that you do the same.

See my blog (spoilers possible!) here: https://ichleseblog.wordpress.com/201....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Thirteenth Tale.

May 16, 2017 – Shelved
May 16, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
June 23, 2017 – Started Reading
June 23, 2017 – Shelved as: popsugar-2017
June 23, 2017 –
page 110
27.09% "I adore this story so far. It reads like an old Jane Austin novel with a twist. And yes, this book is for book lovers, for literature enthusiasts, and library frequenters. The author has a real talent to describe events and characters making them come alive in the best way possible."
June 24, 2017 – Finished Reading