haletostilinski's Reviews > Tied to You

Tied to You by Riley Hart

bookshelves: bdsm-lite, mm-romance, happy-ending, no-cheating, romance

So this one, for me, ended up only being slightly better than the first book. I thought Miles and Quinn had a better connection, both sexually and romantically than Matt and Oliver did in the first one (at least, that's how it felt for me) but there still was, at times, an almost structured way to the writing of this story.

I don't know quite how to explain what I mean by that except for maybe...it felt like there wasn't anything new or exciting that really set this story apart from the first one. Yes, the sex was hotter than in the first book (and the dominant/submissive role these two had in the bedroom was hot as fuck, I loved that, and I gotta say I loved Miles calling Quinn "baby boy" although I'm sure many probably won't like that) but there was nothing, plot wise, and plot wise in regards to the developing of the relationship, that felt all that different, so that's why I gave off .75 stars to this book, because it felt pretty predictable at times.

Enjoyable and fun to read? Hell yes. Hot? Whew fuck yes, I enjoyed the sex in this one. (There were a few of the sex scenes that felt like they were rushed and skipped over just because the author didn't want to write a full sex scene, like in the first one, but they were a lot fewer, with a lot more hot scenes than those kind, that I was able to get over it). I also think this is worth is just for Miles and Quinn, who are not only hot together but adorable as well.

But do I think there's anything so amazing about this that it would deserve 5 stars? Nah, not really. I would expect a good, fun read, but not anything particularly amazing and "blow my mind" awesome about it. Which is fine, not every book has to be a favorite.

This was definitely better than the first, imo, and I think its definitely worth a read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tied to You.

May 16, 2017 – Shelved
May 16, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
May 18, 2017 – Started Reading
May 18, 2017 –
11.0% "These two together is already hotter than the guys from the first book, I hope it stays that way throughout the story :D"
May 19, 2017 –
22.0% "AH! A character with a shitty past/childhood who doesn't hide behind walls and says in the text he hates people putting up walls, what a change of pace, I love it! (Miles, on the other hand, lotsa walls)"
May 19, 2017 –