Soo's Reviews > The Photographer's Assistant

May 15, 2017

liked it
bookshelves: freebies, reviewed
Read on May 15, 2017

I took an unexpected detour from my current books and read this one. The cover caught my eye and I grabbed a copy because it was free. It's a nice shot that doesn't really show anything and I like the bright red on neutral tones.

The Photographer's Assistant is the first book in a series set in London. Hannah Dunne thought she had lucked out when a friend was able to get her an internship with the famous photographer, Ren Goldsteen. She didn't bank on her attraction to the playboy photographer or the way he crept past her defenses. He made her feel brave and beautiful. Brave enough to let him take shots of her at her most vulnerable.

The book was a fun, sexy read. A nice little diversion from my other books. I enjoyed Hannah's spunk and determination, and Ren's absolute focus and passion. A lively little romance with a tiny bit of mystery. I appreciated the positive expression of body art. Photography can be many things and there's definitely a certain risque taboo label for nude art. The story presented how naked and open doesn't need to equate lurid and vulgar. It can be but it doesn't have to be.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Photographer's Assistant.

05/15 marked as: currently-reading