Jordan (thejordanjournals)'s Reviews > Broken Hearts, Fences and Other Things to Mend

Broken Hearts, Fences and Other Things to Mend by Katie Finn

bookshelves: 2017, contemporary

3.75/5 stars.

This was such a fun and addicting read. Although I've read several books written by Finn under her other name Morgan Matson, I wasn't sure what to expect going into the series. It still had the same summery vibe to it, but there was so much more drama and revenge and plotting than anything I've read from Matson.

Finn was already dropping hints about the mystery and revenge plot line within the first couple chapters; however, they're woven in so well that you don't even pick up on them until halfway through the book. When I finally started to put the pieces together, my mind was a little blown. It definitely isn't the most earth shattering reveal, but I was still really impressed with how much forethought was put into the storyline.

I think if you like her books published under Matson that you'll still really enjoy this book. It's definitely not a completed story though and a lot is left to be explored. I'm very excited to continue with these characters' stories in the sequels.

This series would make a perfect easy summer beach read, and I would highly recommend it as that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Broken Hearts, Fences and Other Things to Mend.

May 15, 2017 – Started Reading