Sarah Spelbring's Reviews > Meet a Jerk, Get to Work, How to Write Villains and the Occasional Hero

Meet a Jerk, Get to Work, How to Write Villains and the Occas... by Jaqueline Girdner

liked it

I really liked the though processes behind the idea of this book. This is plot solver, or even story if you think about it hard enough.

The basic idea thrown out in this little ebook by author Jaqi Girdner, is that there are Murders and Murder Victims for your story plots in everyday life. I'll give an example. Say that someone cuts you off badly in heavy traffic. That someone's an butthead, and now your murder victim. That's it in a very basic way, but you can take it further. Bullys, generic jerks you know in your life, or even something that's happened to friends or family when someone exclaims "I could have killed him!".

The author obviously explains better how to take these situations and turn them into real life page turners, but it's still a really neat idea. I'm glad I read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Meet a Jerk, Get to Work, How to Write Villains and the Occasional Hero.

May 14, 2017 – Shelved