Janet's Reviews > How to Bewilder a Lord

How to Bewilder a Lord by Ally Broadfield

Gavin Corey, the Earl of Thornbrook, has been in love with Lady Louisa Adair for what seems like forever & has shed his rakish ways in the hope of winning her heart, but neither she nor her parents, especially her father consider him a suitable match. Louisa’s sister in law Isa is expecting & her husband Edward asks his best friend, Gavin to accompany Isa & Louisa to Walsley & remain there with them until the rest of the family arrive. Whilst there they wonder if the necklace & earrings Louisa’s great great grandmother is wearing in a portrait have been hidden. The tiara she’s wearing was hidden & was found the previous year by Edward & Isa & whilst they were searching brought them together. Gain & Louisa join forces to try locate the missing jewellery by proposing a wager: if he finds the jewels, Lady Louisa must allow him to court her, but if she prevails, he must reveal the secret he’s keeping from her.
I just couldn’t stop reading this well written book. The characters are lovely, very likeable & have plenty of depth of character. Gavin is adorable, a reformed rake with a soft heart who likes to draw birds & rescue doves. He’s also besotted by Louisa who is strong minded & is trying hard to be independent. The plot is well paced & keeps you reading wanting to see if they find the necklace & earrings & also if the Duke will give his consent for the pair to marry. This is the third in the series but could be read on its own. This is the first book I’ve read by the author & it certainly won’t be the last.

My honest review is for a special copy I voluntarily read

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Bewilder a Lord.

May 14, 2017 – Shelved