Eliza Leone's Reviews > Satan's Son

Satan's Son by Simone Elise

it was ok

Great concept, poor execution.
Mature Themes: sex, death, drug use, suicide

Recommendation:
I was super stoked to read the plot for this story, it’s one that isn’t as overdone as others and I think it gave the author a leg up. However, the writing was juvenile. If you’re looking for an hour-long read, maybe it’s for you. For me, the main character had me speed reading.

Addison is a rebellious teen who winds up in Hell and in the hands of Satan’s Son Ethan. As her guide, Ethan tries to teach her what it means to be dead and how she’s to spend the next ten years of her sentence, but Addison is more focused on rattling Ethan’s cage. Satan has other ideas though.

Addison is young. Really young, and her childish attitude and rude attitude was distracting, annoying, and infuriating. Ethan is described at a ripped hunk but never his age so my brain wasn’t sure how old to make him. Put him next to the childish Addison and you get a statutory relationship (I think? Chapter one she’s nineteen but in high school?), and yes I know she’s dead. Then, she lives by herself as an underage (maybe?) kid going to high school, what?

There were just too many inconsistencies and strange plot choices made. What this story needed was a better content editor.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Satan's Son.

May 13, 2017 – Started Reading