tENTATIVELY, cONVENIENCE's Reviews > State of Maryland vs Linwood Williams

State of Maryland vs Linwood Williams by Oriental Institute

bookshelves: crime, drugs

Rating this at all wd be ridiculous in a way that I prefer not to be so I leave it unrated.

A researcher, such as I sometimes am, will try to study primary documents, original documents not edited by someone else thru quoting, opinion-based distortion, etc.. Whether a court transcript can really qualify as a primary document is somewhat dubious insofar as the document is framed by a system w/ biases. Despite that, however, such a document is the primary trace of such a trial & is, therefore, somewhat useful. It's not necessarily a "book" per se but it is a semi-published text (b/c it's made available in copies in printed form). Such documents are important for people who can have the patience & scholarliness to slog thru their 'real-time' reportage.

Having been originally from Baltimore & being all-too-painfully aware of the havoc that widespread drug addiciton has caused in that city, I was interested in reading this. Whether this transcript demonstrates that the suspect was initially stopped for 'driving while black', as activists such as myself often assert is all too often the case, or whether it demonstrates that the defense lawyer was exerting himself to try to get a heroin dealer off on whatever technicality was available wd be in the mind of the beholder. Given that my copy is only an excerpt from the trial, I have no further data.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read State of Maryland vs Linwood Williams.

Finished Reading