tENTATIVELY, cONVENIENCE's Reviews > Acid Daze

Acid Daze by R. Miller

liked it
bookshelves: drugs, biography

A friend of mine who knew the author sent me a photocopy of this bk. It's somewhat short & 8&1/2X11" in my copy & thusly more of a manuscript than a bk so I've entered it into the database as such & the picture is of the title page rather than the binder cover that my copy's in. Since a publisher is listed on this title page, it may be that the original that this is a copy from had a more formal binding. Dunno. Anyway, this is a memoir of a person who used LSD & other drugs like pot & speed w/ great frequency &, apparently, little discretion. This latter lack probably contributed to his eventual hospitalization as a "paranoid schizophrenic" & later arrest as an LSD dealer. The bk is written in a frank style & wd be useful reading to any serious researcher. Near the beginning he writes:

"It seems as if some people are born to be different. For whatever reason, be it genetic, their upbringing, or whatever, they're destined to never live in the mainstream of society, but to find belonging in--at best--odd little cliques and subcultures of various sorts. I myself from an early age displayed a sort of quirky, creative originality which, coupled with a high degree of intelligence with which I was gifted, separated me from others."

This is an intelligent, thoughtful bk written by someone who apparently never sufficiently developed ways of outwitting & interfacing w/ a society not likely to understand his particular search for consciousness expansion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Acid Daze.

Finished Reading