Samantha (WLABB)'s Reviews > Wrong For You

Wrong For You by Jenny Proctor

Jun 19, 2017

bookshelves: arcs, romance, diversereads2017

Rating: 3.5 Stars

This was such a charming romance! Some of the things I thought were wonderful:

*Lane was pretty awesome. She was a black-puerto-rican-southern-morman, and I have not read any other books with a heroine who fits that description. She was also family orientated, a great friend, a hard worker, very bright, very strong, competitive, and she read books! She is definitely someone I would like to be friends with, and that made me totally care what happened to her.

*I loved the Hamilton brother dynamic. They played off each other quite well, and would tease and taunt, but underneath it all was so much genuine affection. I wanted more of them together in this book.

*I liked how Proctor gave us a different POV. The majority of the book is told from Lane's POV, however, at the end of each chapter, we got a peek at the epic text thread that existed between the Hamilton boys. It was there, that we got to spend a little time in their heads, and I thought that was a nice touch, which absolutely added to the story.

*Both families were pretty awesome too, and I really enjoyed those trips home to meet the parents. They were a lot of fun.

*Speaking of fun, the general tone of this book is fun, which is my favorite kind of romance. I didn't want angst or tears. I wanted fun and light with some heart, and that is exactly what I got. There were some really hilarious moments, but also some really beautiful moments.

*I sort of loved Simon from the start. You should always keep your eye on the quiet ones. He was a perfect romantic hero, and the things he said and did totally made me swoon.

Overall: A sweet romance with a family focus, which was fun and it left me feeling happy.

BLOG|INSTAGRAM|BLOGLOVIN| FRIEND ME ON GOODREADS

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wrong For You.