Iza's Reviews > The Beast of Aros Castle

The Beast of Aros Castle by Heather McCollum

As usual, I read book 2 first, but it didn't bother me at all.

Ava and Grace grab the first opportunity to leave their home when it becomes dangerous to them. That opportunity happens to be a wedding proposal Ava has accepted for Grace.

The problem? The husband would be the Beast of Aros Castle. He has a certain reputation that doesn't sit well with the two Englishwomen. But they choose to have whatever fate awaits for them in Scotland, than remain in York.

Tor doesn't want or need a wife. Been there, done that, got stuck with the nickname. But when he meets Ava and Grace, things start changing. It takes a little for Ava to change his mind, but she succeeds.

I love their banter, their relationship. It all happens gradually. No love-at-first-sight here. Sure, there's plenty of attraction and chemistry galore, but love comes after.

After all, the Beast has no heart. Or so he claims.

Of course that it's not just about love between Ava and Tor, but there's also politics involved, and the English wanting to encroach on Tor's domain, and an unhappy sister that needs saving.

My heart ached for them, I understood Ava but also Tor.

Needless to say, this is how you write a historical romance novel with a hot Scot. I've loved book two, I love book one and I can't wait for book three!

5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Beast of Aros Castle.

May 13, 2017 – Shelved