Heather K (dentist in my spare time)'s Reviews > On Point

On Point by Annabeth Albert

*4.5 stars*

Annabeth Albert is one of my favorite authors, and she kills it again with another excellent book in the Out of Uniform series!

There are very few authors who get auto-buy status from me, but Annabeth Albert is one of them. She simply writes the kinds of books that I like to read, and though military men aren't my usual fare, I just can't get enough of this series.

On Point is a best-friends-to-lovers story. Now, while I like friends-to-lovers in theory sometimes there isn't enough tension for me because the intimacy is already there, even if it isn't sexual intimacy. Not so with this story. There was a lot of build-up, a lot of tension, and I loved every second of it.

The book starts off with the first few chapters being very intense. We are talking life or death here, and though I don't like romantic suspense, I liked the heightened sense of urgency and closeness that our two guys had in those moments.

One thing I also hate... flashbacks. There are a number of flashbacks in this story. Flashbacks are usually a big no-no for me, but I didn't mind them much here (notice a trend? Annabeth Albert can make me like things I usually hate!)

Lots of hurt/comfort and a fair amount of angst and back and forth, but it all came together to make a ridiculously romantic and compelling story. Plus, a perfect epilogue to cap off all the feels.

Another Annabeth Albert win!

*Copy provided in exchange for an honest review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On Point.

May 13, 2017 – Started Reading
May 30, 2017 – Shelved as: m-m
May 30, 2017 – Shelved as: loved-it
May 30, 2017 – Shelved as: favorites-2017
May 30, 2017 – Shelved as: contemporary

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

message 1: by Ami (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ami Yeah, this is my favorite of the series so far

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) I actually loved this whole series!

message 3: by Ami (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ami Me too!!! But this one has my catnips!!

Hollis can't wait to start this one!

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) Hollis wrote: "can't wait to start this one!"

You won't be disappointed!

message 6: by M (new) - added it

M Gonna read it next!!

Hollis Heather K (dentist in my spare time) wrote: "Hollis wrote: "can't wait to start this one!"

You won't be disappointed!"

definitely wasn't!!

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) Lisa wrote: "Fantastic review!"

Thanks, Lisa!

Ashley♥Alexis Would you recommend reading the others in the series first or is this okay as a stand alone?

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) Okay as a stand alone!