Denae's Reviews > Leviathan Wakes

Leviathan Wakes by James S.A. Corey

bookshelves: recommended-by-a-friend, re-read-potential, the-fuck-is-this-the-fuck-was-that, list-best-books-read-in-2011, read-in-2011, challenge-1010-by-2020, nook
Read 2 times. Last read August 29, 2011.

I cannot think when I last read a new science fiction book that I enjoyed as much as Leviathan Wakes. Because I read several books at once, I rarely sit down and read a book from start to finish, but I did with this one. It grabbed my attention early, and the story unfolded at a consistent enough pace that it never lost me. There is a fair amount of scientific detail and background, but it's blended in in such a way as to not detract from the overall book. (I'm being careful what I say in the review, because I don't want to put in spoilers. I will have this nerd moment: (view spoiler).)

If you like sci fi at all, read this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Leviathan Wakes.

August 18, 2011 – Shelved
August 29, 2011 – Started Reading
August 29, 2011 – Shelved as: recommended-by-a-friend
August 29, 2011 –
page 375
66.84% "Zombies in space. Done well."
August 29, 2011 –
page 561
100.0% "very good sci-fi"
August 29, 2011 – Finished Reading
October 21, 2011 – Shelved as: re-read-potential
November 22, 2011 – Shelved as: the-fuck-is-this-the-fuck-was-that
December 21, 2011 – Shelved as: list-best-books-read-in-2011
August 10, 2012 – Shelved as: read-in-2011
August 10, 2012 – Shelved as: challenge-1010-by-2020
July 4, 2013 – Shelved as: nook
Started Reading (Kindle Edition)
February 3, 2016 – Finished Reading (Kindle Edition)
March 27, 2016 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
March 27, 2016 – Shelved as: re-read-in-2016 (Kindle Edition)
March 27, 2016 – Shelved as: read-in-2016 (Kindle Edition)
March 27, 2016 – Shelved as: read-multiple-times (Kindle Edition)
March 27, 2016 – Shelved as: sci-fi (Kindle Edition)
March 27, 2016 – Shelved as: challenge-1010-by-2020 (Kindle Edition)
March 27, 2016 – Shelved as: kindle (Kindle Edition)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Libbie Hawker (new)

Libbie Hawker (L.M. Ironside) Oh, man. I was so ready to add this one to my TBR but then I read your spoiler and I said, NOT AGAIN! CAN WE PLEASE JUST GET OVER THIS FAD ALREADY?!

Denae I don't think you would have a problem with it in this book. You definitely shouldn't let that stop you. It's really a fairly minor part.

message 3: by Libbie Hawker (new)

Libbie Hawker (L.M. Ironside) As long as it's a minor part I should be okay with it. I am SOOOOOOOO sick of that particular trope, though.

Denae Lavender wrote: "As long as it's a minor part I should be okay with it. I am SOOOOOOOO sick of that particular trope, though."

It doesn't come across as a trope in this so much as a nod to the concept, if that makes sense. Seriously, this is a fantastic book. You definitely should read it.