Janine's Reviews > Goddess Interrupted

Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter

Aug 18, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: mythology

If asked to describe this book in one word, I would have to go with: frustrating.
I enjoyed the story, despite the ending which to be honest didn't really come as a shock. I'm not exactly happy about the predictable ending and its circumstances, but enough on that.

While I loved Kate and her strength as a person in the first book, here she is reduced to a lovesick puppy constantly questioning herself, Henry and their relationship. I've lost track of how many pep talks Kate received and how many times she was assured by others of Henry's love for her. It grew very tedious and downright infuriating. But Henry too feels like a changed person. He is just so non-communicative and distant during most of the book.
I found myself rolling my eyes not just once and pleading with Henry and Kate to just communicate and talk about all their worries or "problems" that they think they might be having, but Henry especially kept avoiding Kate.

I absolutely loved the fact that we got more of James this time around. He is a character that intrigues me and especially his relationship with Kate. Hope we get even more in book three.

I was scared of Persephone's entrance but she proved to be an interesting enough character. One I didn't mind reading about.
One thing I absolutely missed in this book was the great mother-daughter relationship that we had in the first installment. But based on the ending, I think we could get more of that again in the next one.

To sum up, "Goddess Interrupted" is a sequel with a nice enough premise and storyline but a poor execution. It fails to deliver mostly due to a whiny and insecure protagonist. But nevertheless I will definitely check out book three in order to see how Aimee will handle the cliffhanger of this book.

An ARC was provided by Netgalley. “Goddess Interrrupted” is scheduled for a March 27, 2012 release.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Goddess Interrupted.

August 18, 2011 – Shelved