Mandy Webb's Reviews > All Rights Reserved

All Rights Reserved by Gregory Scott Katsoulis

*Thank you to netgalley and the publisher for the pleasure of reading this e-arc*

This was a brilliant read. I love a good Dystopian novel and this comes with such a creatively detailed social commentary. . . I had a hard time putting it down. The future laid out in this book made me pause to take a look at what our 21st century looks like, and being able to imagine our society reaching a place where it costs to communicate added a goosebump inducing tension to the whole story. Speth was such a relatable main character, and I felt so deeply for the pain she felt when she wanted to communicate but couldn't. Katsoulis does an amazing job with world building, I pretty much felt like pop up ads were glowing against the pages of the book, and every time I let out a sound or reacted outloud to the story I half expected to hear a beep from my very own cuff. The details were so well thought out, the plot grew and unraveled in a way that kept me engaged but didn't feel rushed or forced. This is definitely a book you'll read and spend weeks after talking about with your friends, about our relationship with technology and advertisements and whether or not we consider what it means that we get to speak without charge. I can't wait for this to come out so I can recommend it to everyone!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All Rights Reserved.

May 12, 2017 – Started Reading
May 12, 2017 – Shelved
May 15, 2017 –
page 77
May 16, 2017 –
page 182
45.5% "Everything about this book is yes. EVERYTHING."
May 17, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Ana (new)

Ana Salerno Felt the same way. I got the audiobook... But Everytime I wanted to talk while listening, I had to take a moment to remind myself I could speak freely.