Sarah's Reviews > Blight

Blight by Alexandra Duncan

May 13, 2017

liked it
bookshelves: netgalley-edelweiss, death, dystopian, r2r-read, read-2017, sci-fi, young-adult

“Someone had to do it first.”

This was a YA dystopian story, about a genetically engineered blight.

Tempest was a strong character, although she didn’t catch on real quick that the people she was fighting for weren’t fighting fair, and continued to believe in AgraStar even when they were trying to kill her.

The storyline in this was about a group of rebels setting off a bomb near one of the AgraStar’s research and development sites, and accidently unleashing a blight which tore through all the crops. Tempest then found herself teaming up with one of the rebels in an effort to stay alive, and get some blight-resistant seeds to the people who might be able to help. This was an interesting story, although the pace did lag a little in areas. We also got a twist towards the end which was unexpected, but I did feel like the world building was a little lacking.

The ending to this was okay, but a lot of stuff was left unanswered, will there be a sequel to this?

6.5 out of 10

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blight.