Lindsey Gray's Reviews > How to Ruin Your Reputation in Ten Days

How to Ruin Your Reputation in Ten Days by Harmony Williams

bookshelves: 2017-reads, blog-reviews, blog-reviews-2017

With only ten days left in the season, Miss Francine Annesley is given an ultimatum by her father. Find a husband by the end of the season or she gets shipped off to a convent. For a young lady more interested in plants than the workings of a ton marriage, this is no easy task.

When the childhood friend she has corresponded with since they were separated ten years before comes back into her life, things get even more complicated. Julian Beckwith is the youngest son of a baronet, but is a wealthy land owner and farmer on his own. Not set to inherit a title or have one bestowed on him, Julian is unsuitable according to Francine’s father. There is also a reason Julian is unable to marry Francine which is a twist in two parts.

This novel stood out from many others for more than one reason. The most noticeable reason is the story is told from the first person point of view of Francine. For historical romance, this is a risk, but I believe Williams succeeded brilliantly. I really felt I was seeing all of Francine, climbing in her skin and living her life. Francine is a dynamic character with hopes and dreams caught in a horrid situation by her own father. The journey she takes from beginning to end is full of uphill battles and decisions that show her growing into the woman she was born to be. I look forward to reading about more of Williams passionate ladies as the series continues!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Ruin Your Reputation in Ten Days.

May 11, 2017 – Shelved