Crumb's Reviews > Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine

Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman

bookshelves: women-s-fiction

Oh, Eleanor! How delightfully quirky you are! This book..well..let's just say was one of the most unusual and gratifying journeys that I have ever been taken on in the literary world. Thank you, Gail Honeyman for creating such a wonderfully, unique character that is Ms. Eleanor Oliphant. And that name? I.N.C.R.E.D.I.B.L.E.

I'm not going to attempt a summary of this book because that would seem slightly gratuitous. Therefore, I will simply say, that this novel is a character study of a woman, that is so unique, that I couldn't properly give a summation of her in words. This book, however, was not just rainbows and lollipops..it was much, much more.

(view spoiler)

Very, very good book. Definitely worth the read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine.

May 11, 2017 – Shelved
October 10, 2017 –
page 217
October 11, 2017 – Finished Reading
November 10, 2017 – Shelved as: women-s-fiction

Comments Showing 1-50 of 126 (126 new)

Deanna I hope you enjoy this, Crumb!!!

message 2: by Rita (new) - added it

Rita Schuldt I so want to read this

Crumb Deanna wrote: "I hope you enjoy this, Crumb!!!"

I am really enjoying it, Deanna!

Crumb Rita wrote: "I so want to read this"

It's a good one, Rita!

Angela M Glad to hear you enjoyed it , Crumb. I have yet to read it but I own a copy :)

Melissa I can't wait to read this one! Hopefully sooner, rather than later. Nice review.

Deanna Great review, Crumb!!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Wonderful review, Crumb! I want to read this book!

☮Karen I agree, Crumb. And I read this right BEFORE Good Me, Bad Me, so I also made the mummy dearest comparisons.

message 10: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen I haven't read this yet so won't read your spoiler but glad to see

message 11: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen Your 4****!

Diane S ☔ Very nice review, Crumb. Glad you loved Eleanor.

message 13: by Rita (new) - added it

Rita Schuldt Wonderful review, Crumb! Ever since I read an excerpt of this book I have wanted to read it. What a unique book.

message 14: by Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* (last edited Oct 11, 2017 06:17PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Great Review Crumb! I agree this book definitely wasnt just rainbows and lollipops but so much more! I love your spoiler. I had the same reaction. Glad you loved Eleanor too.

Lindsay - Traveling Sister I loved this book and I loved reading your review Crumb!! So glad you enjoyed this! I will never forget Eleanor!! :-)

DeAnn Your review reminded me how much I enjoyed this book, I hope more people read this book!

linda Jen you will love this book !!!

Phrynne I loved Eleanor. Wish I could meet her:)

Crumb Mary wrote: "Great Review Crumb! I agree this book definitely wasnt just rainbows and lollipops but so much more! I love your spoiler. I had the same reaction. Glad you loved Eleanor too."

Thanks, Mary!

Crumb Phrynne wrote: "I loved Eleanor. Wish I could meet her:)"

So do I!

Crumb Lindsay wrote: "I loved this book and I loved reading your review Crumb!! So glad you enjoyed this! I will never forget Eleanor!! :-)"

Thanks, Lindsay!

Crumb Rita wrote: "Wonderful review, Crumb! Ever since I read an excerpt of this book I have wanted to read it. What a unique book."

Thanks, Rita!

Crumb Diane S ☔ wrote: "Very nice review, Crumb. Glad you loved Eleanor."

Thanks, Diane!

Crumb Thank you Deanna and Melissa!

Svetlana I loveeddd your review Crumb!! I got my copy sitting on my shelf.. need to pick it up soonn 😁

Crumb Thanks, Svetlana! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this book once you read it,

message 27: by Lynn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lynn Great review!

Chrissie Great review! I think that was my same reaction to the twist near the end...and then I reread that section, just to be sure.

Crumb Christina wrote: "Great review! I think that was my same reaction to the twist near the end...and then I reread that section, just to be sure."

I just couldn't believe it, Christina! When a twist comes out of nowhere, like that one did, that really distinguishes a good book from a great one.

message 30: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary I'm delighted you loved it so much!! It's just a fantastic read,in my humble opinion!

Crumb Mary wrote: "I'm delighted you loved it so much!! It's just a fantastic read,in my humble opinion!"
Couldn't agree more!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Great review, Crumb! I really like this one too!

Natalie Richards Great review, so looking forward to reading this :-)

message 34: by Holly (new) - added it

Holly  B Looking forward to this one Crumb!

Crumb Brenda wrote: "Great review, Crumb! I really like this one too!"

Thanks, Brenda!

Crumb Natalie wrote: "Great review, so looking forward to reading this :-)"

Thank you, Natalie! I can't wait to hear what your thoughts are.

Crumb Holly wrote: "Looking forward to this one Crumb!"

Thank you, Holly!

Norma * Traveling Sister Wonderful review, Crumb! I enjoyed this one as well! 😊

message 39: by Kaceey (new)

Kaceey Great review Crumb! Glad you enjoyed!😊

message 40: by Frances (new)

Frances Glad you really liked this one Crumb! Wonderful review!!

Crumb Norma wrote: "Wonderful review, Crumb! I enjoyed this one as well! 😊"

Thank you, Norma! I'm so happy you liked it too!

Crumb Kaceey wrote: "Great review Crumb! Glad you enjoyed!😊"

Thanks, Kaceey!!

Crumb Frances wrote: "Glad you really liked this one Crumb! Wonderful review!!"

Many thanks, Frances!

message 44: by Nazanin (new)

Nazanin Wonderful review, Crumb! Glad you enjoyed it! :)

Crumb Nazanin wrote: "Wonderful review, Crumb! Glad you enjoyed it! :)"

Thank you, Nazanin!

Cheri Terrific review, Crumb! So glad that you enjoyed this! I really enjoyed this, she is such a marvelous character!

Rachel Loved your review and the book. The mummy twist really got me too. I did not see that coming.

message 48: by da (new) - rated it 5 stars