Clare's Reviews > Only a Viscount Will Do

Only a Viscount Will Do by Tamara Gill

This is my first book to have read by Tamara Gill and even though this is book three in the (To Marry a Rogue) series it can be read as a standalone. As soon as I started reading this story I loved her style of writing so much that I read this book in one sitting. Im a big fan of historical romance and I especially love it when the heroine is the one who comes in and saves the day and Lady Alice Worthingham was an amazingly strong woman with a clever mind that never lets anyone get one up on her and she is a very kind and caring soul that helps those in need and the poor who live in the nearby village. She is a character that I warmed to easily and liked her very much for her strong sensibilities and compassion toward others.
Lord Callum Arndel also know as the Surrey Bandit is a charming and handsome rogue that is forced into the life of crime to pay off debts left from the previous Viscount, as he was brought up without wealth and status because his mother was disowned by the family for marrying for love and beneath her status he cant afford to pay them. Callum knows that what he is doing is wrong but has no other choice but to protect his young daughter from the threats of the moneylender by doing their bidding until the debts are paid. He knows that there is a strong attraction between Lady Alice and himself but he also knows that she is above his status and it could never be if she found out who his pseudonym is, so at first he tries to distance himself from her but neither of them can fight the spark and chemistry that they have going on between them. Lord Arndel's character is one I could easily fall in love with, he is a handsome and caring man that is passionate about trying to put things right by doing the right thing and for being the fearless protector that he is.
This story is an exciting mix of action, romance and adventure that has a little of everything that includes highway robbery at gunpoint, a beautiful ball to introduce the new Viscount into society and a dark and seedy endeavour in the back streets of London. This book will thrill you and excite you and the sexual tension and romance will set your heart on fire.
I look forward to reading many more stories from this very talented author if they live up to the quality of this book.
An amazing 5 Stars!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Only a Viscount Will Do.

May 3, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read (Paperback Edition)
May 3, 2017 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
May 11, 2017 – Started Reading