Victoria Minks's Reviews > The Secret Slipper

The Secret Slipper by Amanda Tero

May 28, 2017

bookshelves: favorites, books-for-young-girls

I really enjoyed this sequel to "Befriending the Beast" by Amanda Tero. It took me a minute to get refocused on who was who in the beginning but the preface was really intriguing and I quite liked that part. The storyline is very well done and I think younger girls, in particular, would love the book! My favorite thing about it... well, it's a toss-up between the characters and the descriptions. For some reason I just love Amanda's descriptions--they're beautiful and very vivid. But the characters in this story are just awesome. They were well-rounded and interesting, and I'd have to admit captured my fancy quicker (and more) than the characters in the first book of the series. Dumphrey and Noel are by far my favorite characters--I love them! But I thought that Lia and Raoul were also done in an excellent fashion. The Christian themes throughout it were a good reminder and written well, and the salvation scene was also great. Overall, I thought the book was super sweet and held one's attention with a nice mystery and intriguing plot-line. Especially for young girls, I think this is a lovely little book. ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret Slipper.

May 10, 2017 – Shelved