Lost in a Book's Reviews > Red Dirt Heart 2

Red Dirt Heart 2 by N.R. Walker

bookshelves: 2017-books, cowboys

4.5 Stars

I love Charlie and Trav. I’m kicking myself for almost not continuing on with this series (thanks for the push guys). It was one of those “It’s not you, it’s me” situations where I typically don’t continue a series if it’s the same MCs and the previous books end with a HEA. *smh* I know. Don't worry though, I jumped off my pedestal and saw the Charlie and Trav light.

Charlie drove me CRAY CRAY in this book. Seriously. He was so insecure, didn’t communicate, let his anger fester…he was SO human. Relatable. I just wanted to shake him and hug him at the same time.

"And who’da thought my level of pissed off could possibly get any higher. It kinda went from a sunshiney kind of pissed to a nuclear kind of pissed."

"I’d put this distance between us, and I had no clue how to make it right. I was being irrational, and it was like a runaway train I just couldn’t stop. I didn’t want to feel like this, I certainly didn’t want to hurt him. I just didn’t know how to stop it."

Travis. Trav. *Sigh* He continues to be this little ray of sunshine. To top it all off, he brings these sweet little orphan animals home. Kangaroo? Wombat? He needs a little human baby/kid to cuddle… Please oh please I hope that happens in a future book. *fingers crossed*

I seriously enjoyed this 2nd book and will definitely continue on in my relationship with Trav, Charlie and Nugget the wombat.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Red Dirt Heart 2.

May 10, 2017 – Shelved
May 10, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
May 13, 2017 – Started Reading
May 14, 2017 –
35.0% "Oh Charlie, Charlie, Charlie..."
May 14, 2017 –
54.0% "“How did you know, you know, whether you liked to catch or pitch, as your mum put it?”
“A carrot.”
“A what?”
He snorted out a laugh. “A carrot. It was a very well-endowed, well-rounded carrot. I had to heat it up a bit first.”

I. Can't. Even. lmao"
May 14, 2017 –
91.0% "I'm not crying... nope... just watery eyes. *sniff*"
May 14, 2017 – Shelved as: 2017-books
May 14, 2017 – Finished Reading
May 30, 2017 – Shelved as: cowboys

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

R * A Reader Obsessed * Happy you continued on with this so quickly. Yay!

Lost in a Book R * A Reader Obsessed * wrote: "Happy you continued on with this so quickly. Yay!"

yes... thanks to you and J for a kick in the...pants ;P