Kristy's Reviews > Vendetta

2079018
Aug 17, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, ebook, vampires-werewolves-and-magic-oh-my, app-nook
Read from August 17 to 18, 2011 — I own a copy

OK this series just got good. So far each book has added more mystery. About 3/4 of the way through the book, I realized it had a Edward, Bella, Jacob love triangle going on. The supernatural guy (Seth) who fell in love with the girl (Genesis) who is always in some kind of danger. Then the best friend/old boyfriend (Carter) who is also in love with her and works with supernatural guy to keep her safe. Her relationship with Seth is nearly an impossible situation and it makes more sense for her to be with Carter, but she continually makes comments that she has chosen Seth and it has always been Seth. Oh yeah, and there is a red haired girl out to get her! But despite the similarities, I still really liked it and I have no idea how it is going to end.

I'm really conflicted about the love story. I've grown to like Seth more in this book and I hate that the ending for him sort of seems doomed. I just don't see how he can ever really be in a "forever" relationship with Genesis despite their constant "I love you, forever" thing. That makes me feel so sad for him, I want him to be happy. But I also REALLY like Carter, and I want him to end up with Genesis. He can take care of her and give her the life her mom couldn't. My heart just breaks for him in some scenes. One scene in-particular comes to mind.

"Thank you for doing this," I tell him, returning what's left of the sodas to the refrigerator. "It's just what I needed."

"Well, it goes without saying," he says, reaching around me to put away the ketchup and mustard bottles, "that I'd do whatever I could to make you happy."

He stops, standing almost on top of me, his eyes burning into mine.

A slow, embarrassed heat creeps to my cheeks, the cool air from the fridge raises goose bumps on my arms.

"You were always too good to me, Carter."

He shrugs. Tears his eyes from mine. A small, defeated laugh. "And, somehow, I'm still not enough."

:( Poor Carter.

I can't wait to read the last book, because I really have no idea how this ends. It seems like such an impossible situation. I want happy endings for all of them, but both of them can't end up with Genesis. So I'm stumped. I'm really happy with this series so far, and I've only spent $4.00! Can't beat that with a stick.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vendetta.