K.J. Dell'Antonia's Reviews > Someday My Prince Will Come: True Adventures of a Wannabe Princess

Someday My Prince Will Come by Jerramy Fine

liked it

I love a good, well-voiced memoir and this is definitely that, but I'm still not sure how I feel about having spent an evening gobbling this down. The author tells the story of her deep inner conviction that she should be a princess, well-bred and properly behaved on all occasions, in spite of her hippie upbringing. (I admit I felt for her mother, who came off rather dissed.) So far, so good. She reaches England, dream and destiny, anglophilia in tow and manages to break into the serious London/Oxford It Girl set—but just when I was rolling along, amused and titillated by her stories of mingling with and mashing on young lords (very diverting for a married mom who's feeling under the weather), she'd flash her hippy underside by hinting more than just a little about her belief in past lives. But I'd be quickly lured back in for more gossip, turning pages, dying to know if she ever actually managed to meet her prince. I rode along happily right to the end, but ultimately I felt unsatisfied. Things happen to the narrator, but I wasn't convinced she'd really changed. Verdict: less filling, tastes great.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Someday My Prince Will Come.

August 17, 2011 – Shelved