Michelle's Reviews > Dating-ish

Dating-ish by Penny Reid

ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo a95a86787c715a330bd0a4a36429e3_zpsdbzjfavy.gif
Dating-ish is a smart, sexy, modern romance that will have every Penny Reid fan smittened. This book was a gem of a read. It incorporated every element of romance, humor, uniqueness and smart witty dialogue that have become a signature of Penny Reid.

photo 25dd3bb1898ef2fa0e8e3c67ac980e_zpswlbuj7s7.gifI felt the brush of his lips—not a kiss, a brush—paired with hot breath against the bare skin of my neck and a zing shot straight down my spine, making my toes curl and a sudden hot ache twist in my lower belly. Oh no. I knew that ache. I hadn’t felt it because of another person’s touch in quite a long time. Nevertheless, no one ever forgets that ache.”

In today’s age where swiping left and right have become a thing, Penny Reid beautifully tackles the world of online dating, artificial intelligence, and human interactions. And so when Marie Harris was notified that they found her “perfect match,” she was intrigued. She wanted to know who this mysterious man that this online dating site paired her up. And let’s just say, it was not perfect at all. But what happens when she sees her odd date again at a knitting get together, who happens to be one of her close friend’s next door neighbor.

Matt Simmons who we have briefly met in the previous books of the Knitting in the City Series happened to be the date of Marie. What he didn’t tell Marie was that there was an explanation for his odd behavior and why they were matched.

#DatingIsh

After her disastrous date, Marie decides to write an editorial article that explores human interactions from the need of cuddling, orgasms, and how robots might be the new thing. It so happens that Matt Simmons is developing a robot that will replace human interactions and so she needs Matt’s help with her article. As these two begin to spend more time with each other, they soon begins to grow a fondness and attachment to one another. Soon friendship begins to blur with real feelings. Feelings of love. So will all the data, facts, algorithms and human feelings determine that these two are indeed statistically and irrevocably a perfect match? What happens when science and technology meets love?

photo 25dd3bb1898ef2fa0e8e3c67ac980e_zpswlbuj7s7.gifHe not only felt right, he felt like he’d been made especially for me. And I for him. For the first time in my life, I was encouraging my hopes. I allowed them to run and fly. To the sky. To the stars. Because that’s what my life was going to be from now on. Matt, me, and perpetually soaring hopes.”

Dating-ish is a prime example of a smart, beautiful, and funny romance done right. This book was sexy, intriguing, and full of charm. I loved everything about this book from the characters to Penny Reid’s amazing way to bring forth her kind of smart modern romance. So if you are looking for a story that had class, originality, humor and smarts then I suggest you be better read this book. Hands down one of my favorite reads by Penny Reid.

photo 18447010_646597585537654_8874129973799711674_n_zps1u3nrjoq.jpg Penny Reid

photo goodreads_zpsqkrsmpud.png  photo facebook_zpsxkxvqnpl.png  photo twitter_zpsjndui0s5.png  photo instagram_zpsefunlcyj.png  photo networked-blogs_zpsyayt3ypz.png

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dating-ish.

May 9, 2017 – Shelved
May 11, 2017 – Shelved as: romantic-comedy
May 11, 2017 – Shelved as: contemporary
May 11, 2017 – Shelved as: contemporary-romance
May 11, 2017 – Finished Reading

Michelle Antonella wrote: "❤"

loved this book as well xo

message 3: by Carissa (new)

Carissa Miller Thanks for the great review! Adding this to my want to read 😉

Michelle Carissa wrote: "Thanks for the great review! Adding this to my want to read 😉"

Thanks Carissa!! And yes please add the book on your TBR and hopefully it will be your next read when it releases!! xx

message 5: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Montoya Amazing review.

Michelle Dee wrote: "Amazing review."

Thank you my gorgeous friend!! xo

message 7: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen Fantastic review, sweetheart! ❤️

Michelle Jen wrote: "Fantastic review, sweetheart! ❤️"

Thanks doll! xo