Erin Kelly's Reviews > How to Lose a Highlander

How to Lose a Highlander by Michelle McLean

46209241
May 10, 2017

This one was an easy read. Light on sexy-times, but still fun. I love Highlander books, so you know I was ready for this one.

The Story-
The Campbells and the MacGregors have hated each other for a long time. Both happen to be visiting the King to ask him to help with the feud, and his solution is for the Campbell daughter to marry the MacGregor laird. Of course it is. Even though these two had a meet-cute at the ball the night before in which they could barely keep their hands off each other, now that they know who the other is, they hate each other and want to drive the other to annul the marriage. Which leads to a fairly quick and predictable plot about how they eventually come together.

My Thoughts-
I liked the hero better than the heroine, but neither character was super developed. Luckily, the plot clicked right along and I was never bored even though I knew where this story was headed. I wish there had been more sexual tension because there was so much that could have been built upon from the initial meeting. That sort of thing doesn't just disappear overnight, and I think the love/hate would have been more interesting. When the sexy times did come, I felt like they were slightly brief considering how long we had to wait to get there.

Bottom Line-
If you like Highlander books, this one will not disappoint. It is a fun, quick romp that will keep your interest. 3 1/2 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Lose a Highlander.

May 8, 2017 – Shelved